Thursday 5 December 2013

Clevedon Pier.

This last weekend we went to Clevedon to go to a friends wedding reception. The morning after we had to go out in search of full fat coke to wake up and cure our ever worsening hangovers.
The hotel we stayed in wasn't far from one of my most favourite places ever.
Clevedon Pier.
Clearly other people love it to as it won Pier of the Year (who even knew that was a thing?)


Look how lovely it is? Completley traditional and not an arcade machine in sight.
This isnt even the best part for me. The sides and the floor are pretty much entirely covered in brass plaques with different messages on them. Some are marriage proposals but most are in memorial of someone. This doesnt mean they are all morbid and sad. Some of them are so touching and sweet while others have a lot of humour in them. Either way, they will bring a smile to your face.

Here are some of my favourites:

Antonia, I love you. Will you marry me? Ken x

Please don't commemorate me with one of these. Tom Pearse

Gerbil. Loves by everybody (except the postman)

Weetie. Catkins, sunshine, swifts, sweet peas, cups of tea and badeadas baths.

We were here.
And if you havent had enough picture based content, here are some more beautiful pier photos (if I do say so myself)






Someone had yarn bombed the very front of the pier. I kind of like it!


Clearly I have a big space in my heart for Clevedon pier.

Do you have a place like that? That you just love?

See you soon,

Chloe

10 comments:

  1. aw so quaint and "old English". Places like this always look better on a cloudy, whimsical day :)

    Tigerlily's Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old English is a very good way to describe Clevedon as a whole! :)

      Delete
  2. What a lovely place, those plaques are so fun and thoughtful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They are so lovely, I could spend hours reading all of them :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, it looks so beautiful here, I don't think I have ever been to a pier that looks so peaceful!

    Laura
    x

    www.smileatstyle@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so relaxing. I could be there for hours just being calm and chilled out x

      Delete
  4. aww, this is so sweet! i miss the seaside sooo much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its is lush. I wish I lived closer/went more often. Easily one of my favourite places :)

      Delete