Monday 11 June 2012

Elderflower (Or not!)

Hey,

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things craft/blog wise but being so busy with work etc its going to take a while but bear with me!!

This Sunday The Boyfriend and I took the dogs for a long walk in our local woods. While there I saw these plants where all the flowers were bunched together and I got a flashback of something telling me it was Elderflower. So, after getting pretty excited and quickly checking my phone to make sure I was right I picked a load and brought it home.
After taking it all out of the bag I had I realised some flowers were different to the others so I had another check. Not all of them were Elderflowers. Safe to say I was not pleased as I was looking forward to making some yummy cordial with it!
I have taken some pictures in case you ever see what you think is Elderflower and want to make sure before looking like a numpty like me!

  Elderflower.



 NOT Elderflower!

 Elderflower

 So there you have it!
I like to think I make these mistakes so you don't have to!!

At least I know what it looks like now and will be going back to pick some more soon before the season is out and I can make yummy things!

Have you used Elderflower to make anything?

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment