Sunday 12 January 2014

Positive Posts: So You Woke Up On The Wrong Side of The Bed.

Its happened to all of us. Wednesday morning you wake up to an alarm thats too loud for that time of the morning. After getting up and getting in the shower, you get out of the bathroom. Its too cold. You go out to work and its raining etc and it just doesnt seem to be your morning. Sometimes this can set you (me) to be grumpy all day. No-one wants to be grumpy and as part of my positivity series Im going to share my little tips on how to turn the morning around:

1) Take 5.
It might be seconds or minutes. Shut the door, sit down, take a few breaths, maybe have a cup of tea. Just a little bit of time to myself to take a deep breath and reset is sometimes all I'll need to get in a better frame of mind.

2) Play Music.
Whether its through speakers or headphones, playing a song I love will improve my mood 100%.
Some favourites of mine are:
  • Alex Goot - Lightning
  • Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby (I love cheese)
  • The Avett Brothers - Live and Die
  • Passenger - The Wrong Direction
  • Idina Menzel - Let It Go (Yes, from Disneys Frozen)
  • Idina Menzel - Defying Gravity (from Wicked)
As a complete contradiction, sometimes I just need to listen to some sulky, moody songs for a little bit when I'm not having the best morning. Thats ok too.

Source

3) Wear something that makes you feel good.
That dress that makes you feel like Beyonce in Crazy in Love? Throw that bad boy on.
Lipstick so pretty that you cant help but smile? Put it on your lips and then in your bag.
Sparkly earrings that you keep aside for special occasions? Treat yourself!
It may sound shallow but wearing something I think is pretty or makes me feel prettier will in turn, make me feel good too.

Source
4) Treat breakfast.
For me this is a failsafe if the above things have not worked. I'll walk past work, right into the Tesco bakery section and pick myself up the cinnamon roll with the most icing on. The minute I bite into it I know the day is getting better.
This also works if Im trying to be better with food choices and I pick up some strawberries or something to go with my normal breakfast. Yum.

Source
So the next time your morning isnt going as you expected, try the above tips!

See you soon,

Chloe

2 comments:

  1. Great post!
    I had a day like this yesterday. I plan on making sure today is much better! Wearing something that makes me feel good is where I'm going to start.


    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great play list ! I have to admit that song from frozen is uplifting !

    ReplyDelete