Sunday 17 November 2013

Review: Elf Mineral Booster Powder

Name: Elf Mineral Booster Powder.
Size: Regular or large.
Price: Regular - £5 Large - £7

Description:
"Achieve the ultimate, translucent "photo finishing touch" to your makeup, our Mineral Booster melts into your skin, infusing it with key vitamins A, B and E to promote healthier skin that's noticeably silkier and smoother. Completely sheer and ideal for all skin tones, Mineral Booster gently absorbs oil and minimises the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and pores for a beautiful even finish. "

My review:

Packaging.
As with all ELF products, the packaging is clean and simple. Not bulky and it doesn't giv you a false impression of how much is inside.


Price: Normally the regular size which I got is £5 which is cheap as chips in itself for a mineral powder but I got it for £2.50 in the 50% off discount which is even better!

Overall review:
This was the product I was most looking forward too trying when I placed my order. I have super oily  skin so the more matt and shine free my face can be the better. The dream is to find a powder that keeps the oil under control so I don't look in the mirror at lunch and almost get blinded by the shining mess that is my face. I tried the well blogged about Rimmel Stay Matte powder but it did less than nothing. I tried the Bare Minerals powder. Literally the worst powder I ever used.
Then this came along.
Its super finely milled and easy to apply. You just dip in your brush (I've been using the ELF Complexion Brush) tap off the excess and swirl it all round your face.


It goes on really nicely, doesn't clump up or shrink. It doesnt melt off after a few hours (I'm looking at you Bare Minerals). It gives a lovely matte finish without the skin looking dull and dead. I would go for the large size next time as I feel the brush would be able to get in the pot just a little better.
I can't comment on the coverage because I got the sheer powder but I will be trying the tinted one next time as I do like just a little pep of colour sometimes!

Lets get onto the brush.
Super soft.
No fall out.
Awesome.
I know it seems like I just rave about these products but Im so shocked by the amazing quality of such cheap products.

Love. Love. Love.

What products have you tried?

See you soon,

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment